Sunday, December 24, 2017

A World of Cookies for Santa

A World of Cookies for Santa by M.E. Furman, illustrated by Susan Gal (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2017). 

This is a wonderful book that shows how children around the world celebrate Christmas, and specifically the types of cookies or treats that they leave for Santa. There are even several recipes included at the end. As a kid, I love learning about different cultural traditions, and I know I would have loved this book. There are many parts of the world represented and the beautiful illustrations radiate a cozy warmth. Next year I'll have to try one of the cookie recipes!  You can find some of them on the book's website here.






For more multicultural Christmas books, view my post here.

To all my readers: Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! I am very grateful for all of you, and the authors who have sent me their books for review this year. Thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment